Perfect for the holidays, my pomegranate dark chocolate bark recipe is made with slivered almonds and sea salt. The perfect simple dessert!
I love a quick and easy dessert recipe for the holidays. While I have big baking days I also love having a quick go-to, easy, crowd-pleasing treat I can make in a pinch. This holiday bark does all of that!
Honestly, I can eat chocolate bark just by itself but sprinkle with almonds, sweet pomegranate arils and just a pinch of finishing salt– you have something that's beautiful, delicious and easy to make.
You can make this bark in the morning and have it set and ready to go by the afternoon or evening. No fuss kind of dessert! It does have fresh fruit (pomegranate arils) so you want to eat within a few days. If you want something that lasts longer you can omit the pomegranate (although it is such an amazing flavor with the chocolate) and use chopped dried cranberries.
To add even more holiday colors you can swap the almonds with pistachios which will taste just as good, possibly better depending on how much you love pistachios. 😉
Pomegranate Chocolate Bark
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 16 oz dark chocolate chips or discs
- parchment paper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Remove arils from pomegranate if necessary.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth (be careful not to burn the chocolate). Option to melt chocolate in microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Line a sheet pan w/ parchment paper. Pour chocolate onto sheet pan.
- Sprinkle evenly w/ pomegranate arils, sliced almonds and sea salt.
- Place sheet pan in refrigerator until bark is solid (~1 hour).
- Once solid, loosely break into ~2x2” pieces.
- Store in refrigerator in small container or resealable bag.