This plantain pancake recipe is the best gluten free / Paleo pancake option! Simple, totally grain free, healthy and satisfying.
- 1 large ripe plantain (plenty of dark spots)
- 3 Tbsp grass-fed butter (or coconut oil)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Place plantain, butter, eggs, baking soda, salt & pumpkin pie spice in a blender; blend on high until smooth.
- Stir in nuts, coconut, and cacao nibs as desired.
- Pour pancakes (~1/4c batter) onto a pancake griddle pre-heated to 350 F. Flip after ~2minutes or lightly browned. Cook another 2 minutes or cooked through.
What is your favorite healthy pancake recipe? Share your ideas and pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as @prepdish in all 3 places, or leave a comment below.