Looking for homemade food gift ideas? I'm sharing my 5 favorites today! These work well for Mother's Day, hostess gifts, or anytime you like!
Mother’s Day is coming up and special food items make the perfect gift, especially if they’re homemade! In today’s episode, Prep Dish founder Allison Schaaf shares 5 homemade food gift ideas perfect for the moms in your life!
Homemade Food Gift Ideas
1. Granola – Put it in a nice jar with a bow on it and this makes a lovely gift! It also lasts for a few weeks and you can freeze it to make it last even longer.
2. Spice Blends – Having a great spice blend on hand really elevates a simple protein and veggie meal. Many spice blends you buy have a lot of fillers though so homemade spice blends are excellent. One of my favorites is a Moroccan Spice blend (linked below!) This is great on a breakfast hash, chicken, etc. – it’s quite flexible.
3. Muffins – We have some great gluten free muffins at Prep Dish and they make a lovely hostess gift or Mother’s Day gift.
4. Nut Butter – Homemade nut butter is pretty simple but tastes so fresh! Add a bit of vanilla or maple syrup. You can also play around with different nuts like pecan butter or even a mix of nuts. All you need to do is blend nuts with a bit of oil in a good blender or a food processor and blend until smooth (it can take a while!)
5. Breakfast Cookies – Our breakfast cookie recipe is really flexible. Mix up the dried fruit and nuts to make it your own OR do 2 or 3 versions for a really nice gift.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial here for two weeks of free meal plans!