I don't know about you, but if I don't have a healthy breakfast prepped ahead of time, the whole day seems more stressful.
Knowing I have breakfast all ready and waiting for me makes getting out of bed just a little bit easier in the morning and ensures I start the day with the nutrients my body needs to feel its best.
This cherry vanilla paleo granola recipe is the perfect make-ahead breakfast for those busy weekday mornings because it lasts really well and is super easy to take on the go if you have an extra busy morning.
In my mind it doesn't get much better than the cherry-vanilla combo, but it's easy to mix up the flavor of this granola by changing the dried fruit and nuts. Apricot almond granola? Cranberry pistachio? There are so many choices with this one, you really can't go wrong!
Are you looking for more great make-ahead breakfast ideas? Make sure to check out our breakfast bundle, which includes great every day recipes for your family as well as my favorite brunch recipes for entertaining!
Paleo (Grain Free) Cherry Vanilla Granola
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried cherries*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and coconut oil in a pan.
- Add honey and vanilla to melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Place flax seeds in a clean, dry blender and pulverize.
- In a large bowl stir together flax, pecans, walnuts, coconut flakes, almonds, and melted coconut oil/honey mixture.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until just toasted.
- Cool and toss in 1 Cup dried cherries.