These easy meal prep snacks have a healthy balance of protein and fat so they'll actually keep you full and energized.
In today’s episode, chef and RD Allison Schaaf is sharing ideas for healthy snacks. Specifically, these snacks are meal prep friendly and include plenty of protein, healthy fats and veggies to actually keep you full!
1. Hard Boiled Eggs – These are so great for meal prep!
2. Chopped Veggies – If you do nothing else, wash and prep your veggies for the week! It’s SO much more likely you’ll choose veggies for a snack if they’re ready to eat. Keep them front and center in your fridge so you remember to eat them. Cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower – so many veggies work well for this! If you’re short on time, just buy a veggie tray 🙂 Have a healthy dip on hand to make it tastier and more filling.
3. Oatmeal Cups – Soaked oats (soak in water or your favorite milk overnight) with fruit and nuts makes a great snack. Oats are especially great for breastfeeding moms! Add yogurt for extra protein.
4. Homemade Sausage Patties – Think outside the (snack) box! Prep some homemade sausage patties and store them in the freezer to pull out when you need them.
5. Yogurt Parfaits – Layer yogurt with fruit and nuts – so simple!
6. Trail Mix – This is a healthier, less expensive version of energy bars! Mix your favorite dried fruit and nuts for easy snacks. Of course, a simple handful of nuts works too.
7. Leftovers – There’s no reason you can’t just eat a small portion of a leftover meal for a snack.
8. Avocado Dip – Guacamole or simply mashed avocado works great for a dip with veggies or crackers. Avocados are so nutritious and filling.
Bonus: Chocolate Avocado Pudding! (recipe linked below!) This feels like a treat but it is so healthy 🙂
9. Ants on a Log – Spread celery sticks with nut butter or cream cheese with raisins or dried cranberries on top. You can prep ahead or simply chop the celery ahead so it’s ready to go.
10. Tuna or Chicken Salad – Eat on crackers, veggie sticks or as-is! This is something you can easily add to your weekly meal prep as it comes together quickly.
Energy bites also make a great prep-ahead snack. Get my tips and recipes for energy bites here.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial HERE for two weeks of free meal plans!