Happy Almost New Year!!! 2016 has been an amazing year for Prep Dish. We cannot thank our subscribers enough for all of their support – you have definitely given us plenty to celebrate! And on that note, we have the perfect party treat: gluten free and paleo Boozy Puerto Rican Rum Balls.
Paleo Rum Balls – To Booze or Not to Booze
Inspired by my time on the Island, my gluten free and paleo Rum Balls pay tribute to the dark rum that Puerto Ricans love so much! Parents: head's up, I named these “boozy” for a reason. The recipe has a tip for making them kid friendly. 🙂
If you are looking for more party recipes, here are my favorites for Black-Eyed Peas & Collard Greens. Prep Dish also has an Entertainment Bundle with 11 Prep Dish Party Style Menus including birthday menus for kids, a superbowl menu and everything in between!
Wishing you much luck, prosperity and joy in the future! ~Allison & The Prep Dish Team
Boozy Puerto Rican Rum Balls
- 1/4 c dark rum
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 c shredded coconut
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1.5 c almond flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together: ¼c dark rum + ¼c maple syrup + ¼c coconut oil, melted
- Then stir in the following until well combined: 1c shredded coconut + ¼c cocoa powder + 1.5c almond flour + 1/8 tsp salt
- Note: add add additional almond flour, 1T at a time, if needed for a thicker consistency.
- Roll into 1T balls and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Note: option to roll balls in coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts and/or cinnamon before storing.