Radishes are one of those foods that I'll eat 1 or 2 and then be done (like, for the week). So I tend to not buy a full bunch. But they are currently in season and everywhere. I'll often shred/ grate them into salads for my personal chef clients.
But this weekend I picked up a bunch at the farmers market and played around with sautéing them. They were SO good!
- 1 bunch radishes
- Wash radishes well (they can be pretty gritty).
- Remove ends and thinly slice (this could be done ahead of time).
- Preheat a sauté pan to medium-high.
- Add 1-2T grass fed butter (or olive oil) and radishes, cooking for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season w/ salt.
- That's it! Cooking the radishes takes away any bitterness.
You can also cook the radish greens, just make sure to wash well (soak in a bowl of water, letting dirt fall to the bottom of the bowl).